Subject: Psychology Software Tools Quarterly Newsletter
From: "Psychology Software Tools, Inc." <[email-masked]>
To: "*|FNAME|*" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:12:17 -0400

Edition 2 - July 2009
Welcome to Psychology Software Tools' quarterly newsletter!

Check out our [1]new website!
  Links:
    1. http://www.pstnet.com

E-Prime® Tips and Tricks

E-Prime 2.0 Standard and E-Prime 2.0 Professional supports presentation of
stimuli in languages other than English through Unicode fonts. By installing
a Unicode based font on the E-Prime machine you can type and present stimuli
in languages such as Chinese, Hebrew, etc. To properly display localized
characters within the E-Studio interface (i.e. in a list), a change to the
MS Shell Dlg font may be required. The interface components in E-Prime have
been updated to use the MS Shell Dlg and/or MS Shell Dlg 2 fonts where
applicable. MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2 are font substitutes which
respectively map to MS Sans Serif and Tahoma on U.S. Windows XP. These font
faces are assigned a default per each localized version of Windows. Please
visit the Download section of the [2]support site for a utility that can be
used to view/edit the values of the MS Shell Dlg and MS Shell Dlg 2 fonts.
  Links:
    2. http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/login.asp

Directly after a visual object like ImageDisplay or Slide, create an InLine
object with the following script: Display.Canvas.SaveImage "capture.bmp"
This script will save an image of the screen (with the filename
"capture.bmp") to the same folder in which your experiment is located. This
is useful when editing or troubleshooting an experiment.

You can use E-Prime's graceful abort function in order to program a "quit"
option into your experiment and still log all data. The graceful abort
function uses the GetUserBreakState script function to signal the
termination of the currently running List Object when the subject or
experimenter presses the Ctrl+Shift keys together. The graceful abort
function is documented in the E-Prime User's Guide and in the "Safe Exit of
Running Experiment" sample on the web [3]support site.
  Links:
    3. http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/login.asp

[4]Submit your Tips & Tricks!
  Links:
    4. mailto:[email-masked]?Subject=E-Prime%20Tips%20&%20Tricks

Penn State Ribbon Cutting

Psychology Software Tools, Inc. was honored to attend the Ribbon Cutting
Ceremony at the new [5]Social, Life and Engineering Sciences Imaging Center
at Penn State on Monday, April 13, 2009. Mike Cotchen, Solutions Division
Manager and Dale Christopher, Production Manager represented PST at the
ceremony. [6]Read more...
  Links:
    5. http://www.imaging.psu.edu
    6. http://www.pstnet.com/general.cfm?ID=174

E-Prime Extensions for fMRI Product Release

[7]
E-Prime® Extensions for fMRI (EEfMRI) is now available! EEfMRI software is
designed to optimize E-Prime® experiments for fMRI research. EEfMRI allows
you to synchronize the start of the experiment with the first scanner
trigger pulse along with several other valuable features. EEfMRI is designed
to integrate with other PST hardware and software to increase usability for
researchers while maintaining the millisecond accuracy of E-Prime®. Thank
you to all who participated in the Preview Release of EEfMRI; we greatly
appreciated all of the helpful feedback. The Preview Release will expire on
June 30th. To order the full version please [8]contact us.
  Links:
    7. http://www.pstnet.com/products/e-prime/EEfMRI/default.htm
    8. http://www.pstnet.com/quote.cfm?ID=101

[9]VR Worlds 2 Product Release
  Links:
    9. http://www.pstnet.com/software.cfm?ID=94

[10]
VR Worlds 2 is now available! VR Worlds 2 is a comprehensive system of
software and hardware for the creation and execution of realistic
neurobehavioral studies. The VR Worlds 2 platform allows real-time data
collection of the navigation and interactions within a simulated
environment. Bundled with the content package of your choice, you are free
to design and perform custom or predefined experiments tailored to your
personal research or clinical needs.
  Links:
    10. http://www.pstnet.com/software.cfm?ID=94

[11]New Celeritas Series Button Response Units
  Links:
    11. http://www.pstnet.com/hardware.cfm?ID=91

[12]
PST's Fiber Optic Button Response System can now be outfitted with our new
Celeritas Series button response units. The new response units are assembled
using high-impact, chemical resistant, medical grade plastic and include a
tactile indicator to ensure correct finger placement during experiments. The
new units also give you the ability to adjust the wrist sled for a more
comfortable fit.
  Links:
    12. http://www.pstnet.com/hardware.cfm?ID=91

In this Issue...

[13]E-Prime® Tips and Tricks
  Links:
    13. file://localhost/tmp/XXXXMA8kBr/L2366-1050TMP.html#tips

[14]Penn State Ribbon Cutting
  Links:
    14. file://localhost/tmp/XXXXMA8kBr/L2366-1050TMP.html#Penn State

[15]E-Prime Extensions for fMRI Product Release
  Links:
    15. file://localhost/tmp/XXXXMA8kBr/L2366-1050TMP.html#eefmri

[16]VR Worlds 2 Product Release
  Links:
    16. file://localhost/tmp/XXXXMA8kBr/L2366-1050TMP.html#VR2

[17]New Celeritas Series response units
  Links:
    17. file://localhost/tmp/XXXXMA8kBr/L2366-1050TMP.html#Celeritas

Announcements

[18]Visit our New Website!
  Links:
    18. http://www.pstnet.com

[19]Request E-Prime Evaluation
  Links:
    19. http://www.pstnet.com/demos/eprime/RequestDemo.aspx

[20]PsychMate Demo Download
  Links:
    20. http://www.pstnet.com/demos/psychmate/RequestDemo.aspx

Upcoming Events

[21]American Psychological Association
Aug 6 – 9
Toronto
  Links:
    21. http://www.apa.org/convention09

[22]Society for Neuroscience
Oct 17 – 21
Chicago
  Links:
    22. http://www.sfn.org/am2009

E-Prime 2.0
How-To Videos

[23]Declaring a global variable
  Links:
    23. http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/kb.asp?TopicID=3844

[24]Renaming slide sub-objects
  Links:
    24. http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/kb.asp?TopicID=3845

[25]Contact us with your feedback.
  Links:
    25. mailto:[email-masked]?subject=Newsletter%20Feedback

Psychology Software Tools, Inc.

[26]www.pstnet.com
  Links:
    26. http://www.pstnet.com

[27]Privacy Policy | [28]Terms & Conditions
  Links:
    27. http://store.pstnet.com/privacy.cfm
    28. http://store.pstnet.com/terms.cfm

Copyright 2009 Psychology Software Tools, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

[29]I no longer wish to receive informative material from PST.
  Links:
    29. http://pstnet.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=f80e7472577cb5c410b276814&id=25b1744420&e=8c9fb825f7&c=7e373c0b3e