VisionScienceList: Postdoctoral Position at Deakin University, Australia

From: Alexander Mussap (mussap@deakin.edu.au)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 18:53:35 PST

    Postdoctoral Position - Deakin University

    Expressions of interest are sought for a postdoctoral
    research position in visual perception in the
    School of Psychology, Deakin University (Australia).

    Areas relevant to the project are: visual perception
    of texture, form, grouping and location.

    The position will commence as soon as possible, and
    will initially be for 1 year’s duration. Beyond one year
    there will be the possibility of an extension
    (however, this is subject to availability of funds).

    My interests include surface perception and completion,
    grouping/organization, position acuity, motion, and amblyopia.

    My lab is equipped with a standard stimulus generator consisting of
    (i) a VSG board programmed (in C/C++) via VisionWorks graphics routines,
    (ii) a 21” monochrome monitor,
    (iii) several VisionWorks stereo goggles, and
    (iv) Matlab for modelling and image processing.

    The candidate should have a doctoral degree in a discipline
    relevant to vision research. Computer-programming skills
    (preferably in C/C++), familiarity with VSG and/or
    VisionWorks systems, as well as experience in Matlab
    will be advantageous.

    Deakin is a multi-campus university (http://www.deakin.edu.au/visitors/),
    and the proposed research will be carried out in the School of Psychology
    on the Melbourne campus. Melbourne is a cosmopolitan city with
    excellent public transport and a mild climate.

    Starting salary for candidates will be approximately
    $AUS 45,000 with increments in each successive year.

    Applicants should email their C.V. (preferably expanded to focus
    on research skills and experience) and contact information
    of 2 referees to: mussap@deakin.edu.au to:

    For those interested in a candid appraisal of the research
    and other amenities of Deakin/Melbourne, please contact
    the previous postdoc in my lab: Nick Prins
    (nprins@po-box.mcgill.ca).

    Alex Mussap,
    School of Psychology,
    Deakin University,